Wellington High School is an exciting place.
It is the only state, co-educational High School in the Wellington inner city area.
University research in New Zealand has shown that students from the State co-educational schools are always the highest achievers at university. We respect our students, treat them with dignity and expect them to develop their talents in a responsible manner.
Wellington High School has a highly qualified and experienced teaching staff who work hard to ensure that their students succeed, feel at home and enjoy their studies.
Traditional values of respect, hard work and consideration are stressed.
Classrooms are modern and comfortable furnished with data projectors, interactive whiteboards and wireless internet.
Wellington High School has modern buildings with attractive, well-lit classrooms.
This includes –
- two gymnasiums, one brand new
- seven science laboratories
- seven computer suites
- five well-equipped modern technology workshops
- a brand new industrial kitchen
- digital and traditional photography rooms
- a large library with the most recent on-line computer research and information programmes
- the Riley Centre – a large art deco school hall used by many Wellington groups including the New Zealand Youth Orchestra
- a music suite with a band room, recording studio, radio station and a variety of musical instruments
- Tennis and basketball courts, a large rugby and soccer pitch